Friday, May 4, 2012

Why do I have to be such a conflict junkie?

Why do I have to be such a conflict junkie? I’ve been working for a couple of months on a story for the M/M Romance Group at Goodreads, and somehow I managed to complicate it so much, that now, I’m tangled with it. I know I should let it go, but I keep polishing it, adding layers of everything, while my kind beta-reader-copy-editor is waiting for the masterpiece.

I should have written something nice, simple with little conflict and a lot of sex scenes. Well, the a lot of sex scenes will be included, but it’s not an easy story. None of mine are.

One thing I learned is to stick with what I know or almost know for stories, because this one needed so much research that rather than a short story it seems I was writing an epic of some sorts. I better go back to it, or it will never be read by anybody else.

2 comments:

  1. Just read "Mad Passions" from Goodreads. Thanks for all the hard work, it's great! Interesting MC's, real relationships, natural disasters, and lots of conflict. A nice (hot) romance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you, Max. I'm glad to know someone enjoyed reading Mad Passion. I always appreciate the feedback.

      Delete